Chartered in 1971 The Exchange Club of Irvine is part of Exchange, America's Service Organization. We are a group of men and women working together to make our communities better places to live, through programs of service in American Patriotism, Community Service, Youth Activities, and its National project, the Prevention of Child Abuse.
Carlos Carney receives his president's pin from wife Kathleen Carney as club leaders Carolyn Inmon, Dave Simkin, Vicki Harris, Albert Tjan, and Shirley Lashmett look on.
The National Exchange Club – a service organization with 700 clubs and more than 21,000 members throughout the United States and Puerto Rico – celebrated its 100th anniversary this past year. Founded in 1911 in Detroit by businessmen who wanted to “exchange” ideas on making their community better, the Exchange Club moved its headquarters to Toledo in 1917. For a hundred years, Exchange Club volunteer efforts have supported the needs of the country and of local communities, making it the country’s oldest American service organization operating exclusively in this country.